Sentrifugo: Open-Source Enhanced Human Resource Management System for Enterprises
JetSoftPro as a company with almost 200 employees and with numerous number processes, documents and dynamic data just couldn’t fully operate without a powerful Human Resource Management System.
Every company needs a corporate Human Resource Management System that would provide functions for Leaves Management, Policy Documents storage, Employees Self Service, Reports, User Management. Our challenge was to create such a tool that would meet our expectations and needs.
After the set of negotiations, our PHP team decided that designed for flexibility, Sentrifugo is the most suitable HRMS for our company to manage employee statistics and dynamic data efficiently and effectively. Sentrifugo ideally provides employee self-service, absence management, resource requisition, reports and analytics and other Human resource management tools which we customized to reflect the unique workflow and processes of the company. Thus, increasing the efficiency of the organization and subsequently integrating and aligning the efforts of HR with the rest of the organization.
Value delivered by JetSoftPro
- HR Management Tool for Corporate Use
- Increased Efficiency of the Company
- System to track of all Internal Processes
The architecture of Sentrifugo targets small and medium enterprises and is implemented as a web application. The business features in Sentrifugo are organized as modules, and each module has a pre-defined structure containing the submodules. The modules can be configured to reflect the requirements unique to the organizations. Sentrifugo HRMS enables employees to access and maintain their personal information, apply leaves, and view their holiday calendar. HR Managers, accessing the Employees Self Service module, acquire complete information of their team members, their experience, and education details along with the record of their absences.
• We made a choice of this system because it is an open-source solution, has a wide functionality from a box, can be configured, and its technology stack doesn't require a big scope of technical knowledge for developing it on the code level. Moreover, there is a big guide, that describes all possibilities of the system with detailed descriptions and pictures, that helps new employees investigate and work on a system without issues.
• Our team works on improving and empowering Sentrifugo and counts all requirements from the HR and Recruitment departments. They are the ideological engine of the system and require changes that make their work automatized and simpler.
• The system uses an architectural MVC pattern, that is very clear here that helps developers to get acquainted with code very quickly, and using MySQL for connecting with DB makes the system very understandable for most PHP developers.
• Using Composer, the package manager for PHP projects, allows us to use an external package of code without issues in its implementation into the current code.
• Deploying a project is not a big deal and, moreover, there is a guide on how to deploy it on Apache or Nginx. Also, there is a possibility to deploy it by using Docker, which allows working with popular mainstream technology.
• The system requires a generated password and username to log in. But we added the possibility to use SAML 2 for SSO and our employees can use Sentrifugo with their own MS Office365 credentials.
• Unfortunately, there is no REST API, that restricts external access, so in parallel with the development of website, we work on REST API, which helps BJET and MyJet to relate with Sentrifugo. Laravel (popular and quick PHP framework) and Node.js are used to develop this REST API.